Saturday, January 1, 2011

Verse for the Year

Soooo, this is the time of year when a lot of people make resolutions, many of which will be forgotten, broken, and/or abandoned within a few weeks to a few months.  It happens, we're humans.  The only lasting covenants that I have found are the covenants of God.  I don't do the resolution thing...I'm terrible at keeping them, and I really loathe making a promise that I am unsure I can keep. 
I thought I knew what my verses for the year would be this year, but God gave me a resounding answer today that left no doubt that I had been a little off track and like always, His thoughts for me are not what I can expect or predict.

So here it is:

God, the Lord, created the heavens and stretched them out.  He created the earth and everything in it.  He gives breath to everyone, life to everyone who walks the earth.  And it is He who says, "I, the Lord, have called you to demonstrate My righteousness.  I will take you by the hand and guard you, and I will give you to my people, Israel, as a symbol of my covenant with them.  And you will be a light to guide the nations.  You will open the eyes of the blind.  You will free the captives from prison, releasing those who sit in dark dungeons.  I am the Lord; that is My name!  I will not give My glory to anyone else, nor share My praise with carved idols.  Everything I prophesied has come true, and now I will prophesy again.  I will tell you the future before it happens.  I will lead blind Israel down a new path, guiding them along an unfamiliar way.  I will brighten the darkness before them and smooth out the road ahead of them.  Yes, I will indeed do these things; I will not forsake them."
~  Isaiah 42:5-9, 16

I cannot tell you how excited I am for this new year!!  God has confirmed some things in my heart and I will joyfully follow my Savior wherever and however He chooses to lead.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment