Wednesday, April 13, 2011

New Song teaser...and a quick update

Okay, so some of you know I've been working on a new song that has taken me a while to get together.  Not so much because I didn't know exactly how I wanted it to sound, but BECAUSE I knew exactly how I wanted it to sound and it has taken some serious work on the keyboard skills to get it close enough to share.  I'm still learning as I go on the keys, and while I've definitely gotten better, I still sometimes hit that hump where what I hear in my head and my actual skill set don't exactly match up.  It's taken lots of work and practice to get to this point (here's hoping my family isn't sick of this song yet lol).
This song is also deeply personal to me.  Out of everything I have written thus far, it's the one where I've dug deepest into something that will not let me go and really laid it out there, so it's a little intimidating to share it with the world in that regard.  The story is that of a girl, comes around to my understanding of the situation, and goes back to the story; however, I could be and have been that girl.  Most days I still am.  I have my struggles, and being accepted, loved, and supported by people who should hasn't always come naturally to me. (sidenote...sooooo not talking about my husband and kids here...they have been ridiculously supportive of me).

Soooo....check it out on the music page ( www.myspace.com/elitagalvinmusic )

In other news, I just had an awesome afternoon singing the National Anthem at the Sea Dogs game.  Beautiful day for baseball (or any other outdoor activity), and did the best I've done ever on the Star Spangled Banner.  Wahoo!  Many thanks to my husband, kids, Shallon, Beth, Candace, Dave, and Bradyn for coming out to hear me sing and hanging out to watch the game after.  The Sea Dogs won...I'm thinking that maybe they should switch places with the Red Sox, they are certainly playing better!  Some day dreaming and hoping to sing at Fenway.  Who knows, dreams can come true ya know!  ;)

For those who missed it, I sadly do not have the Anthem recorded from this past Sunday's game BUT you still have a chance to hear me sing it live at the New Hampshire Fisher Cats on Thursday, April 28 at 6:30pm...would love to see you there!

<3  Elita

PS  feedback on the teaser definitely encouraged :)

No comments:

Post a Comment