Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The layringitis

Oh me, oh my, I have not been very good with this blog thing.  Must improve that!

The vocal music has been a temporary hiatus due to the laryngitis.  I caught a cold that's been going around and man getting the voice back has been sloooooow.  Man, it is hard to be patient when you have so many melodies and lyrics in your head and you cannot give them a voice.  Talk about a lesson in patience!

All this laryngitis has meant extra time at the keyboard.  OOOOOH, that has been fun!  And much needed...the keys are sounding much better, especially on "When We Don't Believe".  Hooray!! 

Anyway, I hope you all had a fabulous Thanksgiving....mine was spent with my mom, two of my sisters, one brother in law, a niece, a nephew, and my four children.  Yep, we are a rowdy crowd, and we wouldn't have it any other way!

I have been increasingly aware of just how much we have to be grateful for.  Life is hard, and sometimes it doesn't make sense; yet there are little blessings that we tend to so often miss because we are focused on the bigger issues of life.  I think God sends them our way to remind us that He is a gracious God even in the worst of circumstances.  So today I am reminded to count my blessings...yes, in this world there have been troubles, but the blessings far outweigh the sorrows that this life can bring.  Hmmm...sounds like a song....maybe I'll have to work on that :)

No comments:

Post a Comment