Wednesday, May 8, 2013

True Story

One of my favorite songs is by an artist named Ginny Owens, and it's called "True Story".  The chorus goes something like this:

You see my imperfections, still You say I'm a masterpiece
A marvelous reflection, the image of Yourself in me
You paint with strokes of grace, undoing my disguise
You say beauty lies in the true story

Of where I've been, of where You've brought me to
Of who I am, all because of You


There are situations in my life right now that are unresolved.  There's nothing that makes me more nutty or uncomfortable than an unresolved situation.  I can't stand living in limbo.  Even worse when you aren't really sure why things still are they way they are.  My best efforts weren't enough, and to this day I still don't understand it all. 

I've been called a lot of things by some people, completely ignored by others.  And that's okay.  They hurt at the time.  Truth be told, they still hurt sometimes.  I'm human.  But I can take comfort that not only does God see and know the whole picture, He holds the whole world in His hand, and is more than capable to see to that which concerns me.

More importantly, God knows me.  He alone knows my heart, and the intents and motivations of it.  I want so much to be holy, to be like Him as much as possible, but the amazing thing is I am learning I don't have to be good enough.  I'm never going to be.  That takes so much pressure off.  Cause He knows that.  He loves me anyway.  He paints my life in strokes of grace, undoing my disguise.  And He says beauty lies in the true story...of where I've been.  What He's brought me through.  Of who I am, and it's all because of Him. 

No more pressure.  No more stress or striving.  Resting, even when the memories of what used to be try to come around and haunt me.  He sees the true story.

No comments:

Post a Comment